The fifth edition of the INC DAY, was organized in partnership with the BME-Paris master program, will be devoted to the theme : Collective Brains. It will explore the collective dynamics of the brain and collective intelligence in animal societies and robot swarms.
Ten french and foreign researchers will present their latest work on the topic on Friday October 12 at the headquarters of Paris Descartes University (12 rue de l’Ecole de Médecine, 75006 Paris).
The day was open to the whole scientific community without registration or admission fees.
An associated public event in French on Collective intelligence in the Human society entitled « Plus intelligents ensemble? » has taken place at the Faculty of Fundamental and Biomedical Sciences (45 rue des Saints-Pères, 75006 Paris) on Monday October 8 with the participation of Gérald Bronner (Paris Diderot) and Sophie Pène (Paris Descartes).
9:00-9:30 Breakfast and Welcome Address
9:30-10:30 Keynote Lecture
- Nikos Logothetis (Max Planck Institute for Biological Cybernetics, Göttingen) Dynamic Connectivity related to System and Synaptic Memory Consolidation
10:30-12:30 Session Collective Dynamics of the Brain I
- Alexander Reyes (NYU, USA) Synaptic and network mechanisms underlying in vivo firing dynamics
- Anne-Marie Oswald (Pittsburgh University) The many relationships between excitation and inhibition in piriform cortex
- Anna Levina (Tübingen University) Assessing brain states and their impact on cortical computations
12:30-14:00 Lunch in Galerie Saint-Germain
14:00-16:00 Session Collective dynamics of the Brain II
- David Hansel (CNPP, Paris Descartes) Insights from the brain
- Yoram Burak (Hebrew University, Jerusalem) Collective plasticity dynamics in recurrent neural networks
- Catherine Villard (Institut Curie, Paris) Insights into the dynamics of neuronal growth at the single and collective cell level
16:00-16:30 Coffee break
16:30-18:30 Session Collective Intelligence : Humans, Animals and Robots
- Daphna Shohamy (Columbia University, New York) How Memory Guides Value-Based Decisions
- José Halloy (Paris Diderot) Bio-hybrid collective behaviors in mixed groups of animals and robots
- Jean-Marc di Meglio (Paris Diderot) Collective migration and differentiation in the social amoeba
18:30-19:00 Conclusion and Refreshments
Check out PDF the program here: Programme INC Day 2018